We use mkdocs to generate the documentation website from markdown files.
pip install mkdocs # we are using the material theme pip install mkdocs-material
cd cd homecage/docs mkdocs serve
Push to github
cd cd homecage/docs mkdocs gh-deploy --clean
uv4l is what we use to stream live video.
20171120 - Problem was that if streaming was on and we tried to stop it while there was still an opened browser window we would get an orphaned
<defunct> process that can't actually be kill(ed). This was mucking up any future interaciton as
status thought there was still a uv4l process.
Sent this to uv4l people
Hi there, great product and the best streaming I have ever seen. I am running uv4l on a Raspberry Pi (Jessie) and it is working very well. One problem is if I kill the stream with `sudo pkill uv4l` while there is a browser window open (that is viewing the stream) I end up with a <defunct> uv4l process that I can't seem to kill? Can you suggest a server option I could use to stop this behavior? I want to `sudo pkill uv4l` from the pi while some remote user still has a stream window open in the browser? I've looked through the server options and don't really know what I am looking for? Thanks again for uv4l p.s. Can you suggest an online forum for such questions?
Answer was to kill child processes first. Get child processes of PID with `pstree -p PID'
Which eventually led to this
# get uv4l PID PID = pgrep uv4l # kill all processes in the same group, this includes children # kills original and does NOT leave a `<defunct>` uv4l ! sudo kill -- -PID
sudo apt-get remove uv4l-raspicam-extras
- finish index.html interface, mostly adding interface to change self.config
- split self.config (from config.json) and self.status (runtime variables)
- add in dht sensor code
- add in white and ir sensor code
- Added dialog when stopping video
- added 'videolist.html' page to display list of video and play on click !
- now converting .h264 to .mp4
- added to config.json
- added bash script convert_video.sh
- call bash script when video is done (in thread)
- added documentation to install avconv
- now saving into date folder